One Store attracts W20b from Krafton
简介South Korea’s mobile app store operator One Store said Tuesday that it has secured an investment wor ...
South Korea’s mobile app store operator One Store said Tuesday that it has secured an investment worth 20 billion won ($14.7 million) from Krafton, one of the country’s major game developers.
Krafton said it made the investment decision to broaden its understanding of the global game market through One Store's overseas expansion. They did not disclose the size of the stake that Krafton had taken.
One Store was jointly developed by Korean telecommunication giants SK Telecom and KT Corp. and LG Uplus, along with the country’s internet giant Naver. It provides diverse entertainment content, including games, movies and web novels on its mobile app platform.
Earlier, One Store forged global partnerships with Microsoft and Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners, an investment arm of Deutsche Telekom, receiving investments worth $15 million in 2021.
The latest investment is expected to deliver momentum to One Store’s planned overseas venture.
“This investment decision goes beyond simple financial investment as it will help enhance our global competitiveness," said One Store CEO Jeon Dong-jin.
“Having started off as a domestic app store operator, we are ready to join the global race to evolve into a No. 1 global app platform.”
As Europe and the US are tightening regulations on global tech companies, such as Apple, to foster a more competitive and fairer digital ecosystem, a third app marketplace such as One Store has garnered renewed importance as an alternative player in the global race.
To lay the foundations for its overseas foray, One Store appointed Lee Ki-hyuck, an expert in foreign investment, as its chief financial officer in July. Lee is to actively attract strategic investments and funding.
Additionally, its parent SK Square has been continuously funding to enhance One Store's value chain.
Seoul shares opened higher Monday amid increasing hopes the US Federal Reserve is set to end its rat ...
단식 중 병원 이송 후 35일 만에 당무에 복귀한 이재명 더불어민주당 대표가 23일 오전 국회에서 열린 최고위원회의에 참석해 정청래 최고위원과 대화하고 있다. 김성룡 기자정청래 더 ...
The 27th Economic Development Cooperation Fund Annual Workshop, hosted by the state-run Export-Impor ...
Industrial output, retail sales, investment all fall in Oct.: data
이재명, 여·야·정 3자 회동 제안…"바지사장 아닌 尹 직접 나서야"
[Herald Interview] Saudi Arabia seeks to engage with world through Diriyah Contemporary Art Biennale
Hyundai looks to repeat late founder’s Mideast success with EVs, hydrogen
윤재옥 "이재명 '내각 총사퇴' 주장, 정쟁을 위한 도전장"
- Hyundai Motor partners with IUCN for forest project in Vietnam
- Enhypen's 'Fate' tour draws 85,000 fans in the US
- Maestro Semyon Bychkov breaks silence on Israel–Hamas war
- AleXa to perform on Jingle Ball Tour as 1st K
- Saudi crown prince gives Yoon a ride to investment forum
- Crowd crush victims forced to cope alone
- Business sentiment falls in S. Korea over Middle East tensions: poll
- [Herald Interview] Kim Gi
- 이준석, 유승민과 창당설에 “배제 안 한다…한다면 비례 신당은 아냐”
- 이준석, 유승민과 창당설에 “배제 안 한다…한다면 비례 신당은 아냐”
- BTS' Jungkook to drop new single '3D'
- From traditional to trendy, three of Seoul's top yukhoe spots
- Koreans prefer cash in Chuseok gifting for parents
- [Weekender] Behind the scenes of Korean food crazes
- S. Korean firms urge US to clarify 'foreign entity of concern'
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Early Korean history remains virtually unknown abroad
- [Photo News] Mudeungsan fully opens door to public after 57 years
- LG Chem pivots to LFP with Huayou for Morocco plant
- Allies vow stern measures against Russia
- US finalizes national security 'guardrails' for CHIPS funding
- BTS' Suga begins military service
- Apple to launch iPhone15 series in S. Korea on Oct. 13
- KFCC promotes financial inclusion via branches in developing nations
- PM arrives in China for Asian Games, meeting with Xi
- Gangwon Forestry Exhibition 2023 kicks off in Korea's 'forest capital'
- Ministry uncovers 1,802 Youth Protection Act violations
- Hyundai Engineering wins US gas
- Opposition head pleads for support in ‘fight against Yoon dictatorship’
- Mirae Asset continues to lead domestic equity ETF market
- Seoul shares close lower amid woes over Fed's drawn