KB approves of Yang Jong
简介KB Financial Group’s shareholders approved of Vice Chairman Yang Jong-hee's appointment as the ...
KB Financial Group’s shareholders approved of Vice Chairman Yang Jong-hee's appointment as the next chairman during a special shareholders' meeting at its headquarters in Seoul on Friday.
The financial group's shareholders overwhelmingly supported Yang's appointment, with 97 percent of votes in favor.
"Despite various challenges in the domestic economy and financial industry, there are high expectations from shareholders for KB Financial Group. I am aware of this and will do my best to meet these expectations," Yang said after his appointment was approved.
He emphasized that he will continue the long-term capital management and shareholder return policies that have been promoted by the board and current Chairman Yoon Jong-kyoo.
Yang is recognized as a strategic leader within KB Financial Group and played a key role in the strategic decision to acquire LIG Insurance. His diverse background in both banking and non-banking sectors makes him a unique and highly regarded candidate.
Yang is poised to assume the position of chairman of KB Financial Group for the next three years, starting from Nov. 21.
The result of the vote came out after National Pension Service, the largest shareholder of KB Financial Group holding an 8.74 percent stake, showed support for Yang by announcing that it had decided to appoint him as its internal director.
Two leading proxy advisory firms Institutional Shareholder Services and Glass Lewis also previously recommended the group to approve of Yang’s appointment to investors.
Yang joined KB Kookmin Bank in 1989 and transitioned to KB Financial Group in 2008. In 2014, he was appointed as the head of strategic planning at KB Financial Group.
During his tenure as CEO of KB Insurance from 2016 to 2020, he significantly elevated the company's standing as a core subsidiary.
Promoted to the position of vice chairman in 2021, Yang has been in charge of overseeing three key business divisions: retail customers, wealth management, and pensions, as well as small and medium-sized enterprises.
Born in Jeonju, North Jeolla Province, in 1961, Yang graduated from Jeonju High School and later pursued a degree in Korean history at Seoul National University.
The incumbent chairman Yoon, who has led the firm for the last nine years, also expressed support for the upcoming chairman on Friday.
"Nominee Yang Jong-hee is a well-prepared leader with continuity in group strategy and a vision and ability for constant goal pursuit," Yoon said.
Minho of SHINee will begin the new year with his first solo fan concert, dubbed the "2024 Best Choi& ...
Of the four members of Blackpink, only Rose renewed her contract with label YG Entertainment, accord ...
Toyota launched its fourth electrification model in Korea for this year, the luxury hybrid minivan A ...
- 49th Seoul Independent Film Festival to screen indie Korean animations
- Opposition head pleads for support in ‘fight against Yoon dictatorship’
- Xi says he will consider S. Korea visit
- [Global Finance Awards] Shinhan chief makes big ESG push
- Gangwon Forestry Exhibition 2023 kicks off in Korea's 'forest capital'
Insurance firms' net income jumps over 47% on
Russian top diplomat to visit NK, accuses US of fueling tensions on Korean Peninsula
Mirae Asset continues to lead domestic equity ETF market
From traditional to trendy, three of Seoul's top yukhoe spots
군사합의 효력 정지 책임 넘긴 北 "한반도 전쟁은 시점 문제"
[Weekender] Behind the scenes of Korean food crazes
- [Herald Interview] Korean 'changgeuk' meets Peking opera
- Hanwha Ocean to raise capital for wind power business
- Seoul shares open higher on hope for exports recovery
- Journey to Joseon scholars' timeless dwellings
- 사법공백 두달…대법원장 후보 조희대 지명
- Samsung Electronics accounts for 84% of Q3 smartphone sales
- ‘Gyeongseong Creature’ to lead year
- [New on the Scene] Joo Jong
- Jungkook's 'Golden' hits No. 2 on Billboard 200 with biggest
- STX to supply lithium with South American partners
- FSC lays out plan to boost pet insurance enrollment
- Supporters of Israel hold rally in Seoul, urge Hamas to stop atrocities
- S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
- Enjoying Halloween in Itaewon sparks debate online
- SC Bank Korea CEO nominated for fourth term
- S.Korea's largest
- [Contribution] Why hope matters in climate crisis
- MBK chairman makes donation to promote Korean art at New York's Met
- Import prices up for 3rd month in September on higher oil prices
- GOT7’s Youngjae to release 1st solo LP “Do It” next month
- Number of deaths in cycling accidents soars
- [view] 민심 더 싸늘해지는데…감동 없는 김기현 2기
- Hyundai Rotem to showcase new ground weapons systems at Seoul expo
- Yoon lauds rapid growth of Korean defense industry
- Gimbap and hanja cramming: Life of Korean Studies students in Paris
- 김성원 여의도연구원장 "공천장사 지라시, 허위사실 유포로 고소"
- USS Carl Vinson deploys for Indo
- 오세훈, ‘TBS 폐지’ 묻자 “그런 일 생겨서는 안 돼”
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions
- 北, 러시아 외무장관 방북 발표…내달 18~19일 방문