FNC's new boy group Ampers&One debuts with energetic, youthful single
简介A new boy band from local cable channel Mnet's latest audition program, "Boys Planet," made its ...
A new boy band from local cable channel Mnet's latest audition program, "Boys Planet," made its debut Wednesday under the name "Ampers&One."
It is the first boy group from FNC Entertainment, the K-pop label behind FTisland, CNBlue and SF9, in three years, following P1Harmony.
The rookie group consists of seven members -- Brian, Kamden, Jiho, Siyun, Kyrell, Mackiah and Seungmo. The first three members were contestants on the show who scored high but failed to make the final lineup of the show's debut group, Zerobaseone.
"I've been running with the dream of making a debut in mind for four years as a trainee. I'm happy to come to debut as Ampers&One with good members," Jiho said during a media showcase in Seoul to mark the group's debut.
"After 'Boys Planet,' I was motivated to do better. I want to continue to work hard and make a great impression as Ampers&One," Brian said
Jiho, however, revealed that he had many thoughts about his uncertain future after he did not make the final nine in the show.
"I believed that was my last chance to realize my dream, especially because my mother had advised me during my trainee days to reconsider my aspirations if I failed to achieve my goal by the age of 20," he said. "So, I'm grateful for the opportunity to join Ampers&One."
The group released its debut single album, titled after its team name.
The energetic and youthful album, "Ampersand One," carries three tracks -- "On and On," "Sweet & Sour" and "Sheesh." The songs tell the story of young adults who are determined to keep pursuing their dreams even when things get tough and who confess their feelings of first love.
The group's launch has drawn much attention from music fans, who are curious to see if it can follow in the footsteps of rising K-pop rookie Zerobaseone. Debuting in July, Zerobaseone has experienced a rapid transition from a boy group hopeful to a full-blown idol group. It made history by achieving a million-selling debut album and a second consecutive million-seller just four months later.
Asked what could make the group stand out from other rising newbie boy groups such as Riize, Boynextdoor and Zerobaseone, Siyun said the group's comfortable and friendly charm is what sets it apart.
"I think our songs with lyrics that anyone can relate to will resonate with many fans. I also believe our members who have various cultural backgrounds can bring a variety of colors to our music."
Closing the showcase, Kamden expressed hope for the team's winning a rookie award when questioned about the group's goal. (Yonhap)
지난 9월 러시아에서 정상회담을 개최한 블라디미르 푸틴 러시아 대통령(왼쪽)과 김정은 북한 국무위원장(오른쪽). AP=연합뉴스북한의 대러 무기 수출 창구로 지목된 북·러 접경 나진 ...
South Korea's domestic consumption is expected to slow down further after local service sector ...
이종석(62·사법연수원 15기) 헌법재판소장 후보자 임명동의안이 30일 국회 본회의를 통과했다.국회는 이날 총 투표수 291표 중 찬성 204표와 반대 61표, 기권 26표로 이 ...
- [Herald Review] '12.12: The Day' avoids usual pitfalls of historical films
- Corning appoints company veteran as new Korea head
- 尹대통령, 이동관 방통위원장 사의 수용했다…"면직안 재가"
- 尹대통령, 이동관 방통위원장 사의 수용했다…"면직안 재가"
- Leeum Museum to restore Korean artifacts from overseas institutions
- Minho of SHINee to hold first solo fan concert in January
[Hello Indonesia] Indonesian developer aims to build self
49th Seoul Independent Film Festival to screen indie Korean animations
Former divas return as Golden Girls
[New in Korean] Tribute to mothers, daughters in 'Passing Through Winter'
Former head of Jogye Order dies in temple fire
Industrial output, retail sales, investment all fall in Oct.: data
- 인재영입위원장에 이철규 내정…김웅 "윤심만 영입하겠단 것"
- [긴급진단] 서울 인구 이미 부산의 3배…지역균형발전 포기할 텐가
- Open hatred of Jews surges globally, inflamed by Gaza war
- Indonesia’s upcycling startup wins Korea
- Blinken to discuss Russia, Middle East, N. Korea during visit to Seoul: State Department
- Paris Baguette inks sponsorship deal with Paris Saint
- S. Korean military detects signs of NK supplying ballistic missiles to Russia
- English chatbot services to be available for public bike users
- Pak Kyongni Prize winner Christoph Ransmayr says literature sparks imagination, breaks biases
- Jungkook, Red Velvet, Stray Kids, new YG girl group among year
- Hyundai Rotem debuts world's 1st LTE
- Israel presses ground campaign against Hamas in 'second stage' of Gaza war
- JYP's Japanese girl group NiziU debuts in Korea with single album ‘Press Play’
- Most top earners live in or near Seoul: data
- [Today’s K
- [Herald Interview] Hyundai Motor takes step
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Historian looks back at life dedicated to Korean studies
- Han Kang's 'I Do Not Bid Farewell' shortlisted for two French literary awards
- LG, Hyundai join forces to advance robot
- Major retailer recalls over 50,000 pairs of shower shoes due to chemical hazard
- "식량만 달라" NLL 표류하던 北선박, 어젯밤 北이 끌고 갔다
- US, China agree to work towards Biden
- Culture minister vows greater scrutiny over arts funding
- [Bills in Focus] Fighting trade theft, reinforcing depositor protection
- Korea Investment & Securities joins hands with Carlyle
- Nearly 1 in 3 senior pensioners look to employment to make ends meet
- Posco faces first
- [사진] “군 초급간부 여건 개선 노력해달라”
- Man booked for possession of machete ahead of Halloween
- [Busan Is Ready] S. Korea to expand ODA initiatives to promote Busan Expo