Seoul shares open higher on US gains
简介South Korean stocks got off to a strong start Tuesday tracking overnight gains on Wall Street.The be ...
South Korean stocks got off to a strong start Tuesday tracking overnight gains on Wall Street.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index rose 19.23 points, or 0.79 percent, to 2,455.47 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
U.S. stocks closed higher as investors bet on big tech, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average advancing 0.93 percent and the Nasdaq Composite rising 1.2 percent.
In Seoul, tech and battery shares led the bullish opening.
Top-cap Samsung Electronics added 0.74 percent and its local rival LG Electronics rose 1.9 percent.
Leading battery maker LG Energy Solution climbed 1.05 percent and Posco Future M jumped 3.43 percent.
Leading pharmaceutical firm Samsung Biologics and SK bioscience rose 0.98 percent and 1.06 percent, respectively.
The local currency was trading at 1,349.75 won against the US dollar at 9:15 a.m., up 3.95 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
The National Orchestra of Korea, a traditional Korean music orchestra affiliated with the National T ...
김정은 북한 국무위원장이 지난 16일 블라디보스토크 인근 크네비치 공군기지에서 미그(Mig)-31에 탐재되어 있는 극초음속 미사일 '킨잘'을 만져보는 모습. AFP, 연합뉴스17일 ...
More than half of South Koreans are of the opinion that the nation's alliance with the United S ...
- Over half of Koreans say they won't continue jesa: survey
- Man booked for possession of machete ahead of Halloween
- Mirae Asset ETF to make Chinese debut
- Israel presses ground campaign against Hamas in 'second stage' of Gaza war
- Hyundai Rotem debuts world's 1st LTE
- [Bills in Focus] Fighting trade theft, reinforcing depositor protection
- [Herald Interview] Korean Cultural Center in Madrid aims to extend, expand Korean culture in Spain
- Han Kang's 'I Do Not Bid Farewell' shortlisted for two French literary awards
- 신원식 “나도 육군이지만, 합참의장은 해군 시켜야”
- CJ’s Korean
- [HIT Forum] 'Korea ready to become aerospace powerhouse'
- 218 Koreans head home from Israel: Foreign Ministry
- 윤 대통령 “중동 리스크 대응, 민생에 전력 다해야”
- LG CNS launches new AI platform for corporate clients
- Russian, Uzbek nationals under investigation after campsite brawl
- [HIT Forum] Innospace champions small satellite renaissance
- Samsung Electronics forecasts Q3 rebound
- Art Busan's unveils galleries, theme for inaugural fair, Define Seoul
- First lady meets with Korean women residing in Japan
- Yoon, officials strongly condemn Hamas killings as act of terrorism
- Opposition calls for Yoon's overhaul of Cabinet after by
- [HIT Forum] More than 400 attendees explore space at HIT forum
- Hanwha at forefront of Korea’s space leadership
- S. Korea warns of potential NK surprise attacks using Hamas tactics
- Viviz to drop 4th EP ‘Versus’ next month
- USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier to arrive in Busan this week
- [HIT Forum] Sci
- 문 정부, 셀트리온에 코로나 R&D 예산 522억 몰아줬다
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains after Fed comments