USS Carl Vinson deploys for Indo
简介A US nuclear-powered aircraft carrier left a naval base in California last week for a deployment to ...
A US nuclear-powered aircraft carrier left a naval base in California last week for a deployment to the Indo-Pacific region, a US research institute has said, while another carrier was already in South Korea in a major show of force.
In a report, the US Naval Institute cited a Navy official as saying USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) departed from Naval Air Station North Island, California, on Thursday. USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76) arrived in South Korea's southeastern port city of Busan on Thursday for a five-day visit.
The deployment comes amid concerns that the United States' security focus on the escalating Israel-Hamas war could lead to a weakening of its security commitments to South Korea and other regional partners.
USS Carl Vinson is currently conducting "routine" operations in the US 3rd Fleet area of operations, according to the fleet.
"US 3rd Fleet works together with our allies and partners to advance freedom of navigation, the rule of law, and other principles that underpin security for the Indo-Pacific region," the fleet was quoted by the USNI as saying in a statement.
After the Hamas militant group's surprise attack on Israel on Oct. 7, Washington deployed the USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78) Carrier Strike Group to the Eastern Mediterranean. It also moved the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) Carrier Strike Group to the region to "deter hostile actions against Israel or any efforts toward widening this war," according to the Pentagon. (Yonhap)
"Passing Through Winter" (a literal translation of the Korean title)By Cho Hae-jinJakka PublishingAu ...
A young Korean has been found dead at lodgings in the Himalayan region of Nepal, where he was on a s ...
KG Mobility, formerly known as Ssangyong Motor, has clinched a deal with China-based electric vehicl ...
- Ive kicks off first world tour, 'Show What I Have'
- Seoul shares open lower on Fed, growth woes
- 홍익표, 체포안 가결파 징계에 “총선 승리 도움 기준으로 판단”
- Seoul condemns Hamas’ attack on Israel
- Yoon plans state visits to UK, Netherlands later this year
- Israeli forces clash with Hamas gunmen after hundreds killed
- 문재인 "부동산 정책, 초유 상황에 실책…신뢰 잃어 뼈아프다"
- S. Korean ambassador says stronger Russia
- NK sports broadcast labels S. Korea ‘puppets'
- [Herald Review] ‘Carmen’ redefines iconic femme fatale as stalking victim
- Korea Investment & Securities joins hands with Carlyle
- Korean doctors see income surge amid intensifying physician shortage
- [Exclusive] South Korean lawmakers to join international alliance taking on China
- Hybe artists could be returning to MBC
- LG, Hyundai join forces to advance robot
- 尹 “연금안 맹탕? 근거·합의 없이 숫자로만 결론 낼 수 없다”
- [Herald Interview] Korean Cultural Center in Madrid aims to extend, expand Korean culture in Spain
- [Herald Interview] Pleasantly surprised
- Major retailer recalls over 50,000 pairs of shower shoes due to chemical hazard
- "식량만 달라" NLL 표류하던 北선박, 어젯밤 北이 끌고 갔다
- [Today’s K
- Most top earners live in or near Seoul: data
- [사진] “군 초급간부 여건 개선 노력해달라”
- [News Analysis] Could Kakao’s M&A strategy be its own undoing?
- FM holds back
- Seoul shares open lower ahead of Fed meeting this week
- Seoul shares inch up on bargain hunting ahead of Fed meeting
- Gov't to complete vaccination of cattle by Nov. 10 to prevent spread of lumpy skin disease
- Man booked for possession of machete ahead of Halloween
- US, China agree to work towards Biden