Fifty Fifty's Keena marks group's 1st anniversary with apology
简介Downsized from a four-piece, Fifty Fifty's last remaining member Keena celebrated the group ...
Downsized from a four-piece, Fifty Fifty's last remaining member Keena celebrated the group's first anniversary with an apology.
Keena penned a hand-written letter to fans Saturday, a year on from the group's debut.
"I'm cautious as to how to start this since I'm addressing my fans, Hunnies, for the first time in a while, but I'm plucking up my courage to speak on my honest thoughts," Keena began her letter.
"First of all, I'm sorry to Hunnies who have gone through a hard time due to my indiscreet actions and I am thankful to them for enduring through this indefinite period for me," she wrote.
Keena, along with her three bandmates of Fifty Fifty, had begun a legal battle against the group's agency, Attrakt, in June, requesting an injunction to terminate their exclusive contracts. The Seoul court rejected their request in August and the four members appealed. Attrakt in October terminated the contracts with Saena, Sio and Aran, but not with Keena, who withdrew her appeal at the last moment.
"I've learnt, experienced and matured a lot in the past year. It was my memories with Hunnies that have pulled me up every moment," she continued in the letter, adding, "I promise to make you guys happy again as Keena of Fifty Fifty with good performances and music."
Debuting under Attrakt, Fifty Fifty gained enormous popularity with its mega-hit single, "Cupid." With the song, the quartet became the fastest K-pop group to make it onto Billboard's Hot 100 song chart, and "Cupid" went on to become the longest-charting song on the US singles chart and the British Official Single Chart.
Keena is set to attend the Billboard Music Awards ceremony at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday.
Fifty Fifty has been nominated for the top duo/group and top global K-pop song award categories of the annual music event.
이동관 방송통신위원회 위원장이 1일 오전 서울 종로구 정부서울청사에서 열린 임시 국무회의에 참석해 한덕수 국무총리의 국회 탄핵안 발의 관련 발언을 듣고 있다. 연합뉴스윤석열 대 ...
South Korea's economy will post a mild recovery amid a slowdown in inflation but face heightene ...
The number of employees in South Korea's manufacturing sector in the last three months dropped ...
- Minho of SHINee to hold first solo fan concert in January
- Seoul shares open almost flat amid geopolitical tensions, rate woes
- Economy set for mild recovery, but bumpy road still ahead: BOK
- [Herald Interview] Sustainability offers practical help to industries
- [Hello Indonesia] Indonesian developer aims to build self
- S. Korea's malaria cases reach highest level in 12 yrs
[KH Explains] KG Mobility looks to turn to annual profit for 1st time in 7 years
STX issues new shares worth W80b to expand global business
[Herald Interview] Ian Bostridge enjoys incorporating great works of literature into music
S. Korea expresses gratitude to Japan for assisting return of Koreans from war
[Global Finance Awards] Kyobo's new child insurance plan offers lifetime coverage
Three bidders vie for major stake in news channel YTN
- JYP's Japanese girl group NiziU debuts in Korea with single album ‘Press Play’
- CJ’s Korean
- [Bills in Focus] Fighting trade theft, reinforcing depositor protection
- US needs 'strategic clarity' on North Korea deterrence: report
- Seoul shares open lower ahead of Fed meeting this week
- Man booked for possession of machete ahead of Halloween
- Retail sales up 9.5 pct in Sept. on strong online demand
- [Herald Interview] Chung Ji
- Most top earners live in or near Seoul: data
- [Busan Is Ready] S. Korea to expand ODA initiatives to promote Busan Expo
- Incheon Airport passenger traffic to recover during Chuseok holiday
- FSS issues advisories to fisheries cooperatives federation for W50b investment loss
- 한동훈, 체포안 설명 8분 넘기자…“짧게 합시다” “왜 이리 시끄럽냐”
- 합의문도 없는 희한한 북·러 정상회담…결국 비즈니스 관계였나
- 야당 29명 반란, 이재명 방탄 뚫렸다
- [이번 주 리뷰]美 Fed 기준금리 동결…이재명 체포동의안 가결(18~23일)
- "KTX 꼭 타보고 싶다" 했던 김정은 "만족한 합의"…뭐길래
- [Korean History] In 2003's Daegu, disaster plays out underground
- 민주당 개표 초반부터 환호성…김태우 캠프엔 적막 가득했다
- USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier to arrive in Busan this week
- Sejong University ranks 8th among Korean peers in world university rankings for 3rd consecutive year
- PM makes official visit to Denmark to promote Expo bid
- The ruling party vows extraordinary measures to win back people's trust after crushing by
- Trend forecaster Kim Ran
- N. Korea's Kim, Putin exchange congratulatory messages marking 75th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- Art Busan's unveils galleries, theme for inaugural fair, Define Seoul
- Samsung SDI, Stellantis to set up 2nd JV plant in Indiana
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains
- 윤 대통령 “중동 리스크 대응, 민생에 전력 다해야”
- [Herald Interview] Monte