您现在的位置是：부모와 아이 >>正文
Over 1,300 rescue workers still traumatized by Itaewon Halloween tragedy
简介Last year's deadly crowd crush at Itaewon, Seoul claimed more than lives. Recent data showed 1,316 f ...
Last year's deadly crowd crush at Itaewon, Seoul claimed more than lives. Recent data showed 1,316 firemen dispatched at the scene are still suffering from the psychological impact of the incident.
According to the National Fire Agency data revealed by Rep. Oh Young-hwan of the main opposition Democratic Party, the rescue workers are receiving treatment for various side effects with relation to the tragedy.
The deadly incident occurred Oct. 29, 2022 when the crowd became concentrated in a small alleyway leading to the streets, resulting in 159 deaths and 196 injuries. Most of the victims were young people out to enjoy the first Halloween festivities at the popular nightlife district in the post-COVID 19 era.
“Trauma is not something that can be resolved in a short period of time. Plenty of rest and treatment is necessary,” Oh, a former fireman, was quoted as saying by local media.
He stressed that the fire authorities need to hire more staff, in order to ensure sufficient time for recovery for the traumatized rescue workers.
South Korea is currently constructing a state-run hospital devoted to physical and psychological treatment of firefighters, slated for opening in 2025. The plan was greenlit during the previous administration.
The Itaewon disaster was the deadliest crowd crush in South Korean history. Marking the one-year anniversary of the incident, the bereaved families of the victims recently announced that a set of memorials will be installed at the accident site and unveiled to the public on Oct. 26.
The bereaved families and the victims are currently calling for enactment of the bill that will launch a special investigation into Itaewon tragedy, currently pending at the National Assembly.
- 부모와 아이
지난 9월 러시아에서 정상회담을 개최한 블라디미르 푸틴 러시아 대통령(왼쪽)과 김정은 북한 국무위원장(오른쪽). AP=연합뉴스북한의 대러 무기 수출 창구로 지목된 북·러 접경 나진 ...
- 부모와 아이
"I always drink iced Americano, even in winter," said Kim, an office worker in her 30s who identifie ...
- 부모와 아이
The Korean Intellectual Property Office, under the leadership of Commissioner Lee Insil, has been im ...
- '12.12: The Day' surpasses 4m ticket sales on 12th day of release
- 금태섭 “文 전 대통령, 조국 출마 적절한지 의견 분명히 해야”
- Yoon replaces spy agency leadership
- American investigated for ‘teeth grinding’ graffiti across Yongsan
- As streaming services raise fees, some turn to illegal streaming sites
- Van Cleef & Arpels touring exhibition brings sparkles to Seoul
북·러 또 무기거래? "나진항에 석달새 대형선박 18척 드나들어”
First lady explains S. Korea's dog meat ban plan to Queen Camilla
1 in 8 commercial flights exposed to pathogens: KDCA
Speculation grows over Yoon's looming Cabinet shakeup
장예찬 "이상민 탈당에 깊이 공감…민주당 고쳐쓰기 불가능"
'12.12: The Day’ attracts 1.8m moviegoers in five days since opening
- Seoul shares open lower on US economic data
- Biden, Xi's 'blunt' talks yield deals on military, fentanyl
- Woman faces prosecution after demanding marriage from V
- IMF calls for restrictive monetary policy for S. Korea 'for considerable time' to tame inflation
- Everland grounds panda Fubao for trying to escape
- [Today’s K
- Yoon, Japan's Kishida agree to cooperate in hydrogen sector
- Nightmare before Christmas: 'rape announcement' issued at Seoul billboard
- Netflix’s ‘Single’s Inferno’ to return with season 3 in December
- Resale tickets for League of Legends World Championship go up to 3 million won
- [HIT Forum]Space forum sees opportunities beyond our 'pale blue dot'
- Samsung SDI, Stellantis to set up 2nd JV plant in Indiana
- [HIT Forum] More than 400 attendees explore space at HIT forum
- Samsung Electronics tips Q3 operating profit to plunge 78% on semiconductor losses
- Hanwha at forefront of Korea’s space leadership
- Art Busan's unveils galleries, theme for inaugural fair, Define Seoul
- Science minister welcomes HIT forum on space economy
- [HIT Forum] Korea's only astronaut highlights humanity's connection with universe
- S. Korea warns of potential NK surprise attacks using Hamas tactics
- Samsung Electronics forecasts Q3 rebound
- S. Korea logs current account surplus for 4th month in August
- S. Korea keeping close tabs on reported repatriation of N.K. defectors from China: minister
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains
- Opposition calls for Yoon's overhaul of Cabinet after by
- 판 커진 구청장 선거…민주당 크게 이겼다
- [HIT Forum] Innospace champions small satellite renaissance
- First lady meets with Korean women residing in Japan
- [New on scene] Kim Chang
- [Korean History] In 2003's Daegu, disaster plays out underground
- 尹 “하마스 무차별 공격 규탄”...척 슈머 등 美 상원 대표단 접견